Looking for translators, timers, etc!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Looking for translators, timers, etc!

Post by Acru-Fox on 2012-04-21, 11:27

This time I am looking for someone to translate from written Japanese to English, not spoken. So all the Japanese is already written down and there is no guesswork as to what the characters are saying, not even any timing is needed.

And before anyone suggests it, no this can't be plugged into an online translator and a well written dialogue is spat back out. I actually need someone that can take written Japanese and rewrite it into proper English.

I have one translator working on it but alternating the scripts with him would lighten his workload.

And no Tetsunoshin is not forgotten. Hopefully I'll have the timed scripts to Bayson on episodes 21-22 sometime this weekend.

Also wouldn't mind having a timer for Tetsunoshin. I usually run the fansub and do all the encoding and hosting and scheduling but timing has fallen to me for the last two episodes and is really bogging me down.

What is required to be a timer? Not too much. If your computer can play H264 animes, more than likely your computer will be fast enough. You would be given a subtitle file with all the lines and the times noted inside the file. You would simply have to state the start and stop of each line by dragging the start and stop markers on the sound wave in ageisub for each time.

I used to take 3-4 hours to time a 24 min video, now it takes about 1 1/2 to 2 hours to time a script, takes even less time if you actually do this on a regular basis.

There has been a lot of new furry animes released this year and we have decided to pick up two of them (both 3D)

Also would like to finally complete Zenryoku. This project has dragged on for way too long. There are only 3 episodes left and the scripts are only 2-3 pages long for the 10 mins of dialogue. Would like to get this project off our list and do a batch torrent for episodes 1-52 and finally complete that series.

And if you don't want to become a full time translator, or a part time translator, but have enough time to do translation checks, that also would be helpful! Okojo has a bunch of episodes that have yet to be posted. They have been translated and checked over but there is a spot here and there that needs correction in order to be finalized.

Dead tired,
~Acru
Acru-Fox
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 579
Registration date : 2008-03-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top